Doorstep is part of CornerstoneWEC Bible College for Mission Training
Cornerstone offers practical and academic training in a mission oriented setting. Most staff have in depth mission experience.
We train people to communicate the gospel cross culturally. Besides general biblical and theology studies, our emphasis is on missiological subjects, intercultural communication and preparation to live and work in another culture. Living in the international and intercultural community of the college is part of the training.
Cornerstone is an interdenominational evangelical bible college. We stand firm on the basic evangelical beliefs. We are open for discussion and difference of opinion on secondary matters, but seek to avoid controversies and extremes.
The school was founded and is owned by WEC-International but we train candidates for many mission organisations, aid agencies and church missions.
The aim of Cornerstone is expressed in our mission statement: “Practical Bible-based mission training across cultures”
We believe in:
- One God, creator and sustainer of all things, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, his virgin birth and sinless life, his miracles, his atoning death on the cross for us, his bodily resurrection, his ascension to the right hand of the Father, his work as mediator, and his return in power and glory.
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit to transform lives and empower for life and service.
- The Holy Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the ultimate authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The sinfulness and guilt of all humanity since the fall, so that every person comes under God’s judgement.
- Redemption through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit as essential for salvation.
- The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- Resurrection of the dead: those who are in Christ resurrected to a life forever with God and those who are outside of Christ resurrected to final judgement.
- The unity in Christ of all believers who make up the Church, his body, which is his witness throughout the world.
Cornerstone was initiated by, and is part of, WEC International, an evangelical and interdenominational mission organisation. WEC International was founded in 1913 by the English pioneer missionary C.T. Studd with the aim of preaching the Good News of the Gospel where people have never heard about Jesus and where there are no churches. WEC has over 1800 mission workers from many different countries serving all over the world in multicultural teams.
Doorstep is a programme of Cornerstone, a Bible College in The Netherlands offering a range of programmes to help you train for mission. Taught in English, and with a strong focus on intercultural mission, our courses provide a combination of academic and practical modules, equipping you for cross-cultural work and preparing you to be more effective as you explore and follow your calling into the nations.
Cornerstone Hagelkruisstraat 19 5835 BD Beugen The Netherlands email@example.com or phone us at: + 31 (0)485-369130
© 2018 - Cornerstone Bible College for Mission Training